Saturday, February 20, 2010

Skating this week

Today's derby practice makes three for the week, plus a bonus skate at the rink tomorrow (which is a very good thing for all kinds of reasons: cardio, strength, practice skating, plus it's just fun).

Do you have any idea how long it has been since I got this much exercise on a regular basis? I think you'd probably have to go all the way back to when I was doing judo in Tulsa. In other words, 16 years. SIXTEEN.

Hopefully I will now be able to lose all the weight I put on in those 16 years. :-)

I'm also thinking -- don't laugh -- of taking a beginning hip-hop dance class at LBCC this spring. It will fit in my schedule, and the description says it's for all fitness and ability levels. I think it could be fun, and I don't know how much the skills will transfer, but having some dance ability will probably be good for my balance and coordination. (Plus, Sick Town throws parties where there is dancing. Maybe if I knew how to dance a bit, I would feel comfortable joining in.)

And hey, that would be three more workouts per week. Not bad for a former couch potato.

I don't know, y'all ... I don't want to jinx it, but so far, turning 40 has been nothing but good. Look at all the new stuff I'm trying. How *about* that?

No comments:

Post a Comment